Show Trailer – “What we talk about when we talk about indie books“
Explore the expanding universe of indie books. Find your next read or learn the ins and outs of indie publishing with Emma G. Rose and Shelley Shearer.
Emma G. Rose is the owner of Imperative Press Books, a publishing house that amplifies niche voices. She is also the author of contemporary fantasy and works of mythological weirdness, including Nothing’s Ever Lost, Near-Life Experience, and *soon* Assembling Ella (July 2021).
Shelley Shearer is a writer of cozy mysteries and urban fantasy. Look for her first novel, Menace at Meeple Manor, soon. It’s the first in the Board Game Cafe Mysteries series. In the meantime, read her work in the Black Market Anthology.
What we talk about:
- Insight from indie authors
- Indie book reviews
- Guidance for publishing indie
- The latest publishing news
- NEW – On air critiques
Find us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic…or your favorite podcast distributor.
- In honor of Emma's upcoming book launch (July 24!) Emma and Shelley talk about how they use mythology in their fantasy stories, including Emma's latest novel, Assembling Ella. Visit her website for launch details, but first, check out this episode of the Indie Book Talk podcast. We discuss gods, teenage Kraken, and respecting cultural traditions […]
- On this episode of Indie Book Talk, we review A Touch of Darkness, the first in the spellbinding Hades X Persephone series by Scarlett St. Clair Emma doesn't usually like romance, but she does LOVE Greek mythology and this unique retelling is steamy and satisfying. Instagram @authorscarlettstclair
- We keep putting off this episode, but the time has come. Emma and Shelley talk about ways to overcome procrastination and dispel distractions so you can actually get some writing (or whatever creative work you do) done.
- On this episode of Indie Book Talk, we talk with Stormi Lewis a.k.a The Story Sharing Guru, host of the Bookish Chatter podcast, and author of the Sophie Lee Trilogy of thrillers about writing with ADHD, taking care of grandma, and how to write and release books quickly. Stormi's top tips from this episode: Have […]
- He's a married gay man who loves the smell of markers on a whiteboard, she's his bi-sexual cowriter and massager of words. Together they're Squidgiewitty Authors of the Harts Square series of gay romance novels including the delightfully named AI Think I Love You. Get a peek at their collaboration process and discover why there's […]
Be a Guest or Get Reviewed
Are you an indie author? Would you like us to review your book? We’re looking for entertaining works of fiction in all genres. See book submission guidelines in the *important* note below.
NEW! Get honest, helpful feedback on your work in progress. We’ll read up to 3000 words and provide a thoughtful, writer’s group style critique on our podcast. Plus, you’ll get our written notes to reference as you revise.
Want to be a guest? If you are an indie author or you work with them and have insight to share, we’d love to have you as a guest. We’re looking for:
- book marketers
- social media managers
See our guest application below ⬇️ .
Important: We only review indie books, that is, books published by small press, hybrid press, or indie authors.
Books must be fiction. We prefer fantasy, sci-fi, and mystery, but will happily read any fiction genre. We don’t publish negative reviews, so even if your book is accepted, there’s a chance it won’t end up on the show.
Please query before sending any books, drafts, or manuscripts.
Submitting for On Air Critique: Include the phrase “On Air Critique” in the title field. Include a link to a Google Doc or Dropbox doc in the Where Can We Find It? field.
Use this form to submit books for review or sections for on air critique